I set some post mid year resolutions because I wanted to get my self-improvement goals back on track after a slump. I detail how I will go about achieving my goal using SMART objectives, with a contingency plan for if I am not able to do this
Why have I set this?
The last two months have been terrible for the gym. As I now have a girlfriend I have indulged in poor lifestyle choices – eating sugary foods, drinking alcohol and having late nights. My energy has feels and I have a few injuries – so what am I going to do?
- Improve my diet.
- Address my health.
- Motivate myself back to the gym.
- Note what I am eating and monitor my body size/weight.
- Seek medical support/see a sports physio.
- Keep a record of my training, races and what motivates me.
- An improved body through diet and exercise and which can be maintained.
- I have access to medical support.
- There are lots of new challenges coming up next year that I can research.
- I have access to healthy food – it’s just my choices.
- Professional support will help me through my problems
- I am good at guilting myself to train and I always like training to meet a challenge
- I will improve my diet now
- I will seek medical support to discuss my lack of energy and see a sports therapist by 8th October
- I will go back to the gym now and alter my training after the Spartan Yorkshire race (29th September), and have a new regime sorted by the first week of October.
- If my diet does not improve I will review what is going wrong
- If the professionals cannot help my injuries/lack of energy I will seek alternative options
- If I am not able to do race next year, I will focus on activities that will not impact on my injuries such as swimming, cycling, kayaking.