I set some post mid year resolutions because I wanted to get my self-improvement goals back on track after a slump. I detail how I will go about achieving my goal using SMART objectives, with a contingency plan for if I am not able to do this
Why have I set this?
Before I learnt to drive I used to cycle amongst my gym schedule. It was really good and covered my cardio. When I bought my car I stopped and then I kept having problems with punctures – due to my white-collar up bringing I am hopeless at any technical issues – I didn’t even realise bikes had different valves until I bought an inner tube that did not fit the valve. Since then the bike has stayed in the garage unused.
- I will replace the inner tube on my bike and get it working.
- I will take time to have a 30 minute cycle every week.
- I will have bought a replacement inner tube.
- I will time how much I cycle.
- I have a bike that needs fixing.
- I am fit and able to ride a bike.
- A puncture is not a very difficult problem to fix that even someone as hopeless as me can fix it.
- I will fix the puncture within a week of buying a new inner tube and start cycling the same day.
- If I am unable to fix the bike or I do not get use of the bike I will sell it and focus on other activities.