I set some post mid year resolutions because I wanted to get my self-improvement goals back on track after a slump. I detail how I will go about achieving my goal using SMART objectives, with a contingency plan for if I am not able to do this
Why have I set this?
During my birthday I shared my Blackpool story with a mutual friend. They helped me reach peace with the endless guilt I had felt all those years.
I realised that generally – I carry my friends too much. I constantly find jobs for them to apply for that they never bother to do, I pay for drinks and meals because I make more money than them, which I only do because I am willing to work harder and I go out of my way to give them lifts.
I don’t know when my friends will take responsibility, but it is time for me to let them stand on their own.
- I will not give friends lifts unless it does not inconvenience me or is a short journey
- I will no longer pay for meals unless it is a special birthday..
- I will only buy drinks in a round-for-round situation.
- I will stop making efforts to send jobs through to them – their career, their life.
- Keeping a log of any favours that I carry out for my friends and any spending.
- I realise the mistakes that I have made and that I need to change my habits.
- I am a nice guy but I have reached a point where I don’t feel the need to spoil friends by spending money on them. But as I am not very assertive I may end up going out of my way to drive friends home.
- I will stop all spending, help and favours on the above now.
- I will not give inconvenient lifts until theend of 2014and review my progress.
- I will adhere to all other issues mentionednow and review how I did at theend of 2014
- I do not intend to bend on this. However if I do I expect to be compensated either through favours, money or treats.