I set some post mid year resolutions because I wanted to get my self-improvement goals back on track after a slump. I detail how I will go about achieving my goal using SMART objectives, with a contingency plan for if I am not able to do this
Why have I set this?
I started blogging as a way of challenging myself to write and keep record of my self-improvement goals. As I continued posting people have read what I have written – this makes me think about my writing quality. I have made efforts to improve spelling and grammar and started understanding the importance of ‘second draft’. The next step is quality control on word count.
- Everything that gets post on this site has to have work count reduced. As a guide:
- Short posts – no more than 200 words
- Long posts – between 800 – 900 words
- Use WordPress, word count feature to measure length
- I am able to put in place quality control to reduce word count size.
- I have already demonstrated my ability to reduce word count with my Amsterdam Story. I will continue reading support like the Daily Post to inspire my blog writing.
- This has all been implemented – all posts must now adhere to the above word count criteria.
- If word count exceeds post I could always experiment with moving some of the content across to other posts, or create new material based on excess ideas.