I set some post mid year resolutions because I wanted to get my self-improvement goals back on track after a slump. I detail how I will go about achieving my goal using SMART objectives, with a contingency plan for if I am not able to do this
Why have I set this?
In 2009 I ran an event for charity. This was the most challenging thing I have ever done, it took me out of my comfort zone and I worried so much that no one would turn up, I said I would never do anything like this again. Yet when the event happened, it turned out great – we didn’t raise much, but it was a learning experience and I wanted to do again. So here I am in 2014 and I still have not followed up on this.
- To take a lead on my own event.
- I will have an event organised that people can attend.
- I have previous experience of organising my own event from scratch and although I have not done one since I have been involved with helping others organise events.
- I have run an event before, but I am not as confident with many of the elements as I used to be such as What should I do? Who is my target market?
- I want to do this by the end of 2015.
- I will get involved in other people’s events.