I set some post mid year resolutions because I wanted to get my self-improvement goals back on track after a slump. I detail how I will go about achieving my goal using SMART objectives, with a contingency plan for if I am not able to do this
Why have I set this?
Clutter takes over lives. I could do with more space and there are many things I could get rid of but have formed an attachment to. For example I have an amp for an electric guitar. I sold the guitar years ago, but kept the amp just encase I wanted to get another guitar, this just takes up space. Having a bit of extra cash would help my financial routine objective.
- Go through my stuff decide what I can sell, what I can throw away and what can go to the charity shop.
- A list of items to sell and when they are sold.
- I have time on evenings and weekends to sort through my things.
- I do hold back on getting rid of crap, but when I set myself to having a clear out, I really go for it and it feels great.
- Problem of new clutter – therefore I plan to avoid impulse purchases and have some sort of one out, one in policy.
- Clear up quest in motion by the end of November
- Focus on stuff that can be thrown away and if eBay is too much work I can go to pawn shops.