Towards the end of September I set myself some targets.
I called it the post mid year resolutions to reinspire a lack of focus. I am please to say it worked – I have developed, and completed some of these objectives.
Now it is a New Year, I did not want to come up some random new objectives, but continue working on what I had set. I found 2014, one of the most fulfilling years of my life for improvement and want this to continue. So I reviewed what I set, with the plan to realistically develop my goals:
- Rehab my injuries and get back my fitness/motivation
- I still have injury problems, though they are not as noticeable as I am resting much more. I now need to seek alternative support to ensure that I can get back to full race fitness in 2015.
- Do stuff with girlfriend that does not impact on my fitness goals/Help girlfriend live a healthier lifestyle
- I will merge this category into one for simplicity – we have started salsa dancing. She has also expresses a desire to lose weight before we go on holiday in June. This is an opportunity to look at our life styles.
- Fix my bike and cycle more often
- I fixed my back and have a month of cycling once a week – and then my tire went again. I need to fix this – again as I really don’t want to give up my bike, especially as it is a good form of exercise that does not put pressure on my foot.
- Find new fitness challenges for 2015
- I am taking part in an obstacle race in Leicester which I have never compete in. I will see how my foot manages the 5k distance. I also want to reach the Holy Grail fitness challenge of achieving a beach body for my holiday in June.
- Make own Christmas cards
- Well I made my own Christmas cards. I want to keep making cards throughout the year – for special occassions, christmas cards and labels.
- Create more sketches for the blog
- I have not done this at all. I could keep this as an objective, but honestly, I am too busy. I will remove this objective and focus on other tasks.
- Go out and take more photographs
- I take photographs when I go out. I am not inseperable from my camera, but I take more pictures. I feel this does not need to be an objective anymore.
- Work on lowering word count of blog posts
- This objective was about quality control in my writing. I am doing this. I want to make this objective ‘meatier’. The Manifesto of Perfection started off based on my desire to “Just write something”. Perhaps I will develop something from this?
- Run an event
- I am no closer to running an event. I said I would do it by the end of 2015, but honestly – I will not organise anything if I continue like this. I will keep this objective as this is something I really want to do, but I need a major rethink how this will be achieved.
- Stop looking after my friends so much
- I am actually doing this. When I reflect on my life though I realise I am soft. I get taken advantage of and stressed out because I am trying to please everyone. This goal will be now known as “Be more assertive”
- Help friend get laid
- I wrote this task as a bit of a joke. In reflection I feel mean, so will remove it. I want to help friends, but I think I can do more positive things than making a suggestion that I would take them to a sex worker.
- Get rid of some of the clutter in my home (sell it)
- I got rid of some of my clutter and I made a few £££’s which were relatively small compared to what I paid. My home looks better but there are still things I won’t part with, such as my guitar amp. Perhaps I need to buy a new guitar and set a new objective of learning how to play. Read more here.
- Get a new job
- I got a new job! Read about it here. My next step will probably be to develop an objective about my professional development in my new role.
- Have a financial routine
- How much fun are spreadsheets! Said nobody but accountants and me. But it is great organising my finances into an Excel document – it records my direct debits, sets budgets, plans how much to save for holidays, and keeps track of my savings.
So now I will reorganise this – removing stale goals, editing objectives which have evolved and may including some new ideas to inspire me.
What goals do you have for New Year?