A while ago I talked about having a System.
This was a process of replacing my goals under the Scott Adams logic that goals are for losers, you need to have a system.
In someways I do have a system but saying “I will work hard to achieve a promotion” and “I will maintain a regular exercise routine” just didn’t cut it.
in a way the System remains – I know what I want to achieve and what needs maintaining and it has been a good way of prioritising what really matters.
But now I really want to set myself some clear goals to achieve. Here they are:
- Weight 12 stone 1 pound by 12th November 2016
- Be able to run 10k again in sub 45 minutes.
- Squat and deadlift 120kg
- Be able to do 20 pull-ups again
- Start snacking only on fruit and nuts
- Start drinking green tea on a regular basis
- Ensure to cook all my work dinners
- Become DSDM Agile Foundation Qualified
- Use my creativity to encourage a more innovative workplace
- Become more involved with stakeholder engagement
- (Leading to) obtaining a promotion
- Continue my non-blog writing
- Expand my reading list to include more history and science books
- Read 2 books a month
- Keep having holidays
- Decorate two more rooms in the house
- Keep improving the garden
I think these are enough goals for now. Most of these are achievable, some of them read more like a system (like the garden one) – the important thing is to keep an active and happy life going.