What makes a good gym buddy?…
When it comes to training at the gym I’m a lone wolf.
I much prefer going alone as it allows me to focus and unwind without distractions.
However, if I was looking looking for a good gym buddy, then I would want someone:
- Who is consistent.
- Keeps showing up.
- Pushes you.
- Is a good spotter (gives you chance to push through the bench, rather than wrenching it straight off you as soon as your momentum slows down).
- Shared goals.
A gym buddy who would be my worst nightmare:
- Makes workouts up as they go along.
- Sends last minute messages to say they can’t be arsed training today.
- Tries to show you up.
- Excessively loud.
- Draws attention of everyone in the gym towards you.
- Uses you, to flex their own ego.
- Belittles your achievements.
Too much of the latter I would ditch them.
What makes a good gym buddy to you?
What type of person would drive you nuts?