Something that gets on my nerves on ‘money’ Twitter is every hack entrepreneur guru having digs at those working a 9 to 5 job.
In response I wrote this post: How Social Media Made Us Hate Office Jobs
Although written back in 2019, the hacks may have changed but the commentary hasn’t dated, as the frauds posts have become even more ridiculous – I’ve lost count how many compare an office job to slavery.
I could break down the idiocy of such a statement, it’s insulting to make such a comparison, done for nothing expect to get exposure to their pocket change business of affiliate marketing and Gumroad courses.
Without sounding like I’m bragging – my 9 to 5 has given me the freedom and finance to have the lifestyle they say I can’t have.
My views on the subject stay pretty much the same:
- Not everyone is cut out for starting their own business.
- Choosing to be someone’s employee does not make you inferior.
- 9 to 5 jobs offer more security, more money and more freedom than your beggar guru makes out.
- If you want to start your business, remember it’s time, commitment, and hard work – not sitting on beaches, with your bikini model girlfriend.
- There is nothing wrong with your typical 9 to 5, nor nothing wrong with starting a business.
- If you are an entrepreneur don’t be dick about it, I might even come work for you one day.
I’ve switched off the comments on here, but look forward to seeing your thoughts in the original post: How Social Media Made Us Hate Office Jobs.